posts
What Are Best Friends?
Monday, September 5, 2011
You claimed that we’re best friends. You claimed that we’re sisters. You promised to meet up when we are free. Here it is.
I was thinking to text you since we have not chatted for a long time.
My phone has no money.
You replied with your sister’s phone. It’s okay. You told me you’d text me after you top up.
Teachers’ Day is nearing. Bryan asked if we could meet up. I thought of you. Yes, you. You replied with your sister’s phone, again.
We arranged to meet at 2.30pm. But you said you wanted it to be at 12pm. Also, you have no ‘phone’ so you could not reach me on that day.It’s Teachers’ Day. I went to Tiong Bahru Plaza punctually. In fact, I reached 5 minutes earlier. I’m always on time. You sent me:
I’ll be a little late.
I told myself, “It’s okay.” I stood outside McDonald’s. Time passed. 15 minutes was gone. You hasn’t reach. I thought I should trust you. I continued waiting. 30 minutes passed. My phone finally died. I was panicked. I was very anxious.
Another 5 minutes was gone. Just then, Guo Qing walked past me. He totally lightened me up.
I almost cried. I will not trust you anymore. I’m so disappointed in you. It’s not that I want a sorry from you, but you should have apologised to me.
You may think I want you to eat humble pie. But you’re at fault for not telling me that you will be late for more than 30 minutes instead of a little.
Bitch, I hate you.
I told this to Ying Xin. I confided in her. This is what I said.
I felt drifted away from Apple. “Best friends” is just a term. I shouldn’t use it on her. We are no longer that close. In fact, I’m closer to you. She isn’t going to be my best friend anymore. She isn’t going to be my sister anymore. She’s just a freeloader. She’s just taking our advantages. I have my own friends and she has her own. I don’t know what kind of bitchy friends she has but I’m sure my choice of friends is way better than hers. I have loads of close friends whom I can depend on. I have Wei Ying. I have Ryan. I have Ivy. Most of all, I have you. I just feel that she isn’t important in my life.
What is your definition of best friend? Someone whom you can stand up without notifying? Whom you can freeload from?
Girl, bye. I guess our friendship reached a certain limit. It stops here. You’ve crossed that thin line of my patience.
Meiyuan
Posted On ( / Monday, September 05, 2011)